Mentors for this trip to Tanzania

Mentors for this trip to Tanzania
Gail, Gamon,barb, Wilson,Donna,Raymond, Patrick

Barb and Yash get CLSI awards

Barb and Yash get CLSI awards

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Working hard and going to the SA corps at the Shukrani center

  The ladies of the corps redecorate the front of the chapel. I'll add a photo so you can see what they have done. Last night I had dinner with Majors Mary and Hosea Kindi at the Apricourt restaurant in Mbeya.  I had a sizzling platter.  It is very dramatic.  The meat and vegetables are on a very very hot metal plate which is then placed in a wooden tray and it is all steaming and sizzling when it is brought out.  It tastes very good too.
  Mostly I am spending my time at work in my office. I am posting some photos of my wonderful colleagues, Josephine, Abednego and Mwasulama.  We have done a lot but there is still much to do.  I am teaching a class for laboratory workers once a week too.
  My friends Mike and Oriel Horner took me to the new location of the Pizza and Burger joint.  I thought it had closed but it is just at a new location.  They make a very thin crust pizza with many wonderful toppings.  Yummy.
  I am by myself at the Walter Reed Guest house for awhile.  It is very quiet and lovely here.  I had a very restful day today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment